Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Granite Mountain Record Vault

I submitted my GEDCOM file of my family tree to Family Search a while ago, to add my family tree to the internet for others to check out.

They were impressed with it and I got an email today saying:

Your GEDCOM file(s) have been accepted for storage in the Granite Mountain Record Vault near Salt Lake City, Utah.

Your genealogical information has been added to the search index on the FamilySearch Internet Genealogical Service as well as to the Pedigree Resource File compact disc volume 151.


1 comment:

NanaAncestor said...

That is awesome. You know your tree is preserved now. Ran across your blog through Pinterest. I need to start a web page or a blog to more easily share information with my family. Does a blog let you share all kinds of files? Besides jpeg..
Pdf and xl spreadsheets and links to other websites? You had posted about a digital scrapbook that sounded interesting.