Sunday, January 02, 2011

first post

I decided to make a blog about my quest for making my family tree, and i will be able to store pictures and links for my future reference and for others to use.

I started jotting down things on one piece of paper about two years ago, and told everyone about it. Now things are getting a little more serious, and people are finally starting to get some of the things I'm begging for. Pictures and newspaper clippings, and everything inbetween. It was a lot to take in, especially doing every side and aspect of my family, so I got a program to keep me organized, and later, I will be able to publish it to the internet. Once the tree is posted to the internet, all the family will be able to check it out, and I might get a couple new leads on other family members finding it online.


The program I started with was Ancestry's Family Tree Maker. I have the 2010 version, and its pretty cool. The only thing that I need know is to buy a membership for their website to be able to search it. It is a brain saver. I can just type in what I know and it can generate trees and reports. Sweeet.


happy digging

<3 amanda

No comments: